March 09, 2015

Launched! Sewing Bras: Designer Techniques

Hello Everyone!

Great news! The second class in the Sewing Bras series on Craftsy has launched today! If you have wanted to know all about Designer Techniques for your bras, this is the class to watch! You'll be able to make dozens of designer bras from all the techniques (over 30 in all!) shown in this class.


The class starts off by showing you how to change your full band bra into a partial band bra. How to draft it, and how to sew it, with all the little tricks I've learned over the years. Then I move into how to change the straps...here is the tapered padded strap on a fuchsia partial band bra.


Here is a short tapered strap on the ivory and green bra. What's that fabric, you ask? It's ivory duoplex with a design on it that I made with fabric markers!


Next, we look at frame modifications such as the downward hike, and the thin band. We will also learn how to make a Gothic Arch such as shown here in the navy bra. Do you love those tiny straps on this bra? I show you how to do that!


What about front closing? Yes, two types of front closing are demonstrated!


Here's two different racer style Y-back options!


There's even a lesson on the keyhole bridge!


I also teach 3 different types of power bars - internal, seamed and ruched!


If you would like to take the class, but are waiting for a sale, wait no longer! Click on this link to get 50% off the price of the class!

19 comments:

  1. Very exciting news as I loved the first class.
    When I use the link, the price shows a 39 % savings for me, not 50%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's working now 😃
      Thanks Beverly.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo, thanks for the heads up Beverly! I really enjoyed your first class and am glad Craftsy are offering a second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it last night and was shocked at how many techniques there are!

      Delete
  3. awesome! already bought (thanks for the discount!), and i am super excited to start watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought it, I like it. Your a great teacher. Thank you. Since your first Craftsy Class I only wear Self-Made-Bras. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self-made are the best! I hope you share some of your creations with us!

      Delete
  5. Oh, this is good news! I hope this class will be doing just as well as the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. We broke all the sales records last time!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the code, I bought this one even though I am still working through your first class. You are a really good teacher and I am thrilled you have done another class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! I loved doing the class and hope to do more!

      Delete
  7. There was such a lot of information in the first class but Is this new class all about underwired bras? Is there anything for non underwired too please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The partial band must use wires but any of the techniques for the full band bras can be done without wires.

      Delete
  8. Excellent - I'm another bra-maker who only wears the ones I've made thanks to Boob Camp and your Craftsy Class! Looks like I'll be bra-making this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll see you in another class!

      Delete
  9. Enrolled, and halfway through watching. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! I truly enjoyed making this class!

      Delete